The word MAREP is an abbreviation for Marine Information Reporting. The MAREP program is a combined effort of Canadian Power & Sail Squadrons (CPS) and the Canadian Hydrographic Service (CHS). The purpose of MAREP is to permit CPS and CHS to carry out an ongoing program to ensure the reporting of discrepancies on charts and to update and make qualified recommendations toward improving nautical information on charts and other CHS publications. Click here to access the online CHS form.
Candadian Hydrographic Service publications include:
- nautical charts (paper and digital)
- chart catalogues
- tide and current tables
- Sailing Directions
In addition, the Hydrographic Service contributes regular updates to the publication, Notice to Mariners.
What to Report:
- Submerged objects
- Obstructions in and above the water
- Private aids to navigation
- New marine facilities
- Navigable channel information, width/depth, etc.
- Information affecting Sailing Directions
- Suggestions for chart improvements